Tatanka Bluffs held their annual “shareholder” event on March 16, 2012 in Olivia, MN.
Around 40 people were in attendance, which was a great turnout. The organization’s vision is to build economic viability along the MN River and throughout Redwood and Renville Counties. The branding “Tatanka Bluffs Corridor” will enable businesses to build on this vision.
It was clearly expressed by both Loran Kaardal and Julie Rath; that one of our main goals for Tatanka Bluffs Corridor is to develop our area for tourism. Did you know that Tourism brings in $11.3 Billion dollars to Minnesota yearly? Here in the Minnesota River Valley we simply want a piece of that pie!
Following is the list of speakers that presented that day and also available clips of information.
2. Cathi Fouchi; DNR Regional Planner
3. Alice Hanley; Blueway Trails Corridor
4. Brad Cobb; Green Corridor
5. Duane Anderson; Minnesota River Valley ATV Club informed us that they consist of 85 families and 200 riders. They meet at the Olivia Legion at 7pm on 3rd Tuesday of the month.
MRV ATV Club
6. Mark Erickson; Blandin Foundation
7. Carl Colwell; MN Valley History Learning Center
8. Loran Kaardal; Green Corridor Horse Trails
Your support is needed… Tatanka Bluffs is a non-profit organization that will be able to access grant monies for growth and sustainability by working together with your membership support. So please get involved and become a member of Tatanka Bluffs Corridor Click here for a membership form. For as little as $25 you can be a part of this growing organization. As well, if you are interested to be on the Board we welcome you. Contact Julie Rath at 507.637.4004.