Step Away From The Ordinary
When you’re looking for an adventure a bit out of the ordinary, come explore Tatanka Bluffs. We have a wide range of activities and attractions, with something for everyone.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum/Pageant: Every summer, visitors to Tatanka Bluffs can watch an outdoor drama based on the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder, reenacted along the banks of Plum Creek.
- Redwood Falls Family Aquatic Center: Looking for an activity the whole family can enjoy? The Aquatic Center offers water slides, diving boards, a water walk, and a zero-depth entry area with play features for children of all ages.
- Redwood Stables: Owner Dennis Auslam works with all levels of riders and horses. The stables offer boarding, horseback riding lessons, clinics, sales and evaluations.
- Schweiss Magister Equitum Stables: Horse enthusiasts will find boarding, horseback riding lessons and training, horse rental, and schooling shows.
A Taste of Rural Life
- Farm Fest: The largest outdoor agricultural event in Minnesota, connecting attendees with the leading companies in the farming industry.
- Renville County Fair: Since 1880, the Renville County Fair has showcased the finest the region has to offer. August 8-10, 2018
- Redwood County Fair: This year, the 136th Redwood County Fair will take place from July 11-18, 2018!
- Corn Capital Days: Olivia, MN is the corn capital of the world, a fact celebrated by the annual Corn Capital Days festival – July 27-30, 2018
- Rich Nes Alpacas: This farm features more than 200 alpacas of all ages and colors.
- Gilfillan Estate: The former estate of the wealthy Gilfillan family features beautiful farm and home antiques, and is available for tours.
- Minnesota Machinery Museum: Visit the museum in Hanley Falls, MN, to recapture a century of stories about farm life in rural Minnesota.
- Birch Coulee Battlefield: The Battle of Birch Coulee was among the hardest fought battles of the U.S.-Dakota War; visit the battlefield to see where history happened.
- Jeffers Petroglyphs: Amid the prairie grasses of Tatanka Bluffs are islands of uncovered rock where American Indians left carvings, also known as petroglyphs, which tell a story that spans 5,000 years.
- Lower Sioux Agency: The Lower Sioux Agency was a U.S. government Indian agency established in 1853 to be the administrative center of the newly created Dakota reservation; visitors today can learn about Dakota life before, during and after the reservation era.
- Sod House on the Prairie: Visitors to the Sod House near Sanborn, MN, are invited to step back in time to the 1880s and explore the simplex, quite lifestyle of the prairie.
- Fagen Fighters WWII Museum: This is a must see attraction located at the Granite Falls Municipal Airport off of Hwy 23 south of Granite Falls, just on the edge of TBC!
- Redwood Speedway: This half mile dirt track at the Redwood County Fair Grounds in Redwood Falls, MN offers racing action every Sunday night in the season at 5:30 pm.
- Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel: Any time is the right time to win big in Tatanka Bluffs. Jackpot Junction offers 1250 video slot machines and 28 table games, including blackjack and poker.
- Prairie’s Edge Casino and Resort: Guests at Prairie’s Edge enjoy 24-hour gaming action with 750 of the newest video slots, along with blackjack and live poker.